Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Updatin'

I have been posting to updates of articles I am following on my delicious... http://del.icio.us/openconscious

My life in Texas keeps stumbling forward. I definitely miss New Orleans a good bit but, I am hopeful for life in Austin. My worry about this city is one that all cities in America are facing... becoming homogeneous.

I am getting married April 7th to the girl I suffered through the hurricane with... the girl that I love. Feeling excited and scared at the same time which seems to be normal course for the final month stretch. I had no idea it would feel this way but I am excited to have the wedding accomplished.

My scooter is my other love at the moment. I have a Vespa ET4 and I bought it with 200 miles on it. It has over 900 miles on it now and I love it. Riding in Dallas was nothing short of life and death. People were SO RUDE and the city is not set up for people to ride scooters. Austin, has been a better fit for getting around via scooter. It's not perfect but it's not terrible either and there is a small community of scooter riders here. Riding around SXSW was really a trip because you could park anywhere you wanted and you could jet from show to show. I am looking forward to riding more this Spring and summer.

SXSW was a blast. My favorite bands were Under Byen, Mew, Peter, Bjorn, and John, I love you but I have chosen darkness, Oh No! Oh My!, and Fujiya and Miyagi. These were all great shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit tracker