Thursday, March 22, 2007

Haste makes waste

I spend a ton of time reading over the coarse of the day and I am trying to string together all of the things I find interesting... as seen on the right. You will find excerpts about technology, music, politics, New Orleans, Weather (Hurricanes), environmental movements, green urbanism, and random points of interest.

One article I would like to mention in particular is the New York Times story, "The year without toilet paper." I was totally intrigued by this article as I recently found myself standing in a grocery store in awe of how much waste comes from everything that we purchase and how little of it we recycle. I remember the old days of milk jugs being refilled. I wonder what happened to that mentality and why doesn't it bother more people? I guess if we are going to be a huge trash producing society, why not do something good with it? Or why not make clean energy from trash?

I guess my hope is that people will start paying more attention to the world around them and start doing more to improve it. Besides, haste make waste!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit tracker