Wednesday, May 02, 2007

uncoding katrina

A thought came to me today that I really like... Only by admitting what we don't know do we begin to understand what we do know.

I have been thinking a lot lately about writing yalom again what to say. It came to me very clearly a few nights ago before i drifted to sleep. What have I learned from the whole Katrina experience?

1) Life is suffering but this helps you find meaning.
2) Things aren't important but friends, family, knowledge, and compassion are most important.
3) Understanding one's relationship with the world begins internally.
4) Coming to terms with decisions one does not make but life makes for them is extremely painful (death, natural disaster, loss, etc). It challenges ones relationship with the world since we believe we are in control of our destiny. This is true in that your perception of reality is your power.

more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit tracker